EXPOSED: make something or someone visible, typically by uncovering | reveal the true and typically objectionable nature of someone or something | Vulnerable | Leave in the open to die.
I don’t like feeling exposed, but I know that God can work on me if I am more open or “exposed.” God knows our full being even if we do not share it with him, however we are called to show our weaknesses and flaws (exposed) in order to grow and become humble. Let go of our pride, or take down a wall in order to make improvements. I am at fault for my lack of exposure to others and this is a raw post that I hope to show all who read it, that I am not perfect and I need The Cross.
I am a sinner. I say this in my “about” section and I need to back that up. I hurt others with my actions and words, I am prideful, I don’t take criticism well, I lust, I do not forgive easily, I do not share the Gospel to those whom it is toughest to share it with, I don’t love my neighbor all the time, I do not expose the true me to everybody- I have a wall up.
Being exposed does not look good on me. What a harsh reality that can be. As one of the definitions at the beginning of this post states, “leave in the open to die,” I hope that this will be the case for my exposed sins.
Luckily I have a savior that can change me if I allow Him to. My pride is being crushed as I pray about it but I still have a ways to go in the areas of forgiveness, hurting others, and so on. The Bible speaks such truth for all of us and if we can read it intentionally and pray about our weaknesses we can be changed. The simple commandments is a good place to start in being obedient to God. Exposing myself to the ones who care about me most will help me change, and then following through with God and his plans to change me is the ultimate goal.
I want to be more humble, exposing my flaws, weaknesses, and overall sins to those around me and working on a solution with myself and God. Remembering He is here for me and longs to change my hearts is what will get me through this crazy life, and He can do the same for you. Expose yourself.
- James 1:5 “If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him.”
- James 1:22 “But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.”
- Hebrews 4:12 “For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart.”
- Romans 15:4 “And the Scriptures were written to teach and encourage us by giving us hope.”
- John 14: 23-24 “Jesus replied: ‘If anyone loves me he will cherish my word; my Father will love him and we will come to him and make him our abode. He that does not love me neglects my words. Yet the word you hear is not my own but that of the Father who sent me.”
- 2 Timothy 3: 16-17 “All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It straightens us out and teaches us to do what is right. It is God’s way of preparing us in every way, fully equipped for every good thing God wants us to do.”